Adelaide City Care offers practical assistance to new migrants in settling down to their new found home.
A variety of practical assistance such as;
* Meeting and greeting migrants on arrival, transporting from point of entry to accommodation
* Providing information about assistance that is available, eg: Medicare, Centrelink, social welfare services, employment, housing
* Providing information about opening a bank account, obtaining Health Insurance and Tax File Number
* Helping migrants integrate and settle into our society
* Providing opportunities for networking and for meeting other migrants by running activities such as Welcome Dinners and Food and Fun nights
* Providing moral support to migrants who have struck difficult times.