Meet and Greet Service
Adelaide City Care provides the Meet and Greet Service to independent skilled migrants upon their arrival in South Australia. It provides:
* A transfer service usually from Adelaide Airport to their accommodation
* Assistance from a trained Meet and Greet Volunteer who can guide the newly arrived migrant in their settlement in South Australia.
The Meet and Greet Volunteer provides on-arrival assistance to newly arrived migrants by:
* Meeting them at Adelaide Airport or appointed place of arrival in Adelaide.
* Transporting them using the vehicle provided by Adelaide City Care to their pre-arranged accommodation.
* Assisting them to settle into their accommodation.
* Taking them on one shopping trip to buy food and other essentials.
* Providing information about essential tasks that need to be done on arrival, eg. opening a bank account, registering with Medicare, applying for a tax file number, etc.
* Providing the first link to the new found place.
* Providing on-going contact and direction as agreed between the Volunteer and the migrant, as appropriate.
* Assisting migrants who want to contact their ethnic community to do so.
* Helping migrants to feel welcome to South Australia.
No guarantee can be given that an arriving migrant will be met if the above procedure is not followed or if arrival details changes and the Adelaide City Care is not advised of the changes.